Tuesday, 15 November 2011
Tortilla de patatas
I could be cooking cakes, cookies or desserts everyday, but that’s not possible because someone has to eat it…and it’s not very healthy! So today…typical Spanish, but not sweet.
The Spanish omelet is known everywhere, or at least I like to think that hehe. It’s good both for main course with salad or some bread or as a starter with some wine. I hope you enjoy this recipe, I am sure you will have a good time eating it.
5 big potatoes
1. Peel and chop the potatoes. Put in a big pan with about 1 cm of olive oil and fry for 30 min aprox. Add salt. The maximum heating in my kitchen is 9, for this 30min I use number 6.
2. . Peel and chop the onion. Put with the potatoes and fry for 20 minutes more. Add some more salt.
3. Put the maximum heating for 3-5 minutes once the onion is cooked. Try to remove all the olive oil you can.
4. Beat the eggs (I usually add a bit of milk or cream). Add salt. Mix with the fried potatoes and onion.
5. Put in a smaller pan (the smaller the pan the thicker the omelette). Maximum heating. Wait for about 4 minutes and turn the omelette using a plate (cover the pan with the plate turn the pan over, now you have the omelet in the plate, put it in the pan again but on the other side). Cook for 5 minutes more.
6. Remove from heating. In my opinion the Spanish omelette is better if you do it about 5 hours before eating.
Be careful, times are not exact, it will depend on how you chop the potatoes, the oil, the type of potato... so you should be in the kitchen checking how it is going and moving the potatoes to avoid they stick to the pan. Bon profit!!
Posted by Marta at 01:01