Thursday 10 November 2011

Cheesecake


Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to mee..... hehe yes, today is my birthday and that is the perfect excuse to make a cake! We are only two at home so, I don't know how are we going to finish it but we will think of something!
I've never been a fan of cheesecakes but when I found this recipe in "corazon de almíbar", a very interesting blog, I knew I would like it mainly because it's done with mascarpone, a very tasty cheese I love.
As always I recomend you to make this recipe, it's really easy and the result is amazing.

Ingredients (22cm d springform pan)
200gr cookies (I used oatmeal cookies)
80gr Melted butter (I used 50gr)
300gr Philadelphia (I used light ..but I don't think it makes any difference)
250gr Mascarpone
200gr Sour cream
150gr Sugar
4 Eggs
Some vanilla sugar
Berry jam

Directions
1. Crush the cookies and mix with the melted butter.
2. Line a springform pan with baking paper. Put the cookies in the pan as you see in the picture. Press with the back of a spoon so it's compressed.
3. Mix the Philadelphia with the mascarpone. Add the Sour cream and mix. Add the sugar while you are still mixing.
4. Add the eggs one by one, don't add the second one until the first one is totally mixed. Add the vanilla sugar.
5. Pour the mixture into the springform pan.
6. Bake the cheesecake in a water bath. (1-2 cm water). Preheated oven 180ºC for 50min. Then turn off the oven and wait 15 minutes more. Remove from the oven and when is cold enough put into the fridge overnight.
7. Spread the jam over the cake. I've used Sandalfour jam, but if you prefer a little more acidic you can use Hartley's fruit filling which is also more liquid so it's easyer to spred.

IMPORTANT: before puting the sprinform pan into the water bath you have to put foil around to avoid that the water goes into the pan.


Bon profit!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment