Thursday, 24 May 2012
When I was a kid I used to have this cake for breakfast. The best part for me was being in the kitchen helping to mix all the ingredients and eating, secretly, the raw dough. This is the easiest and fastest cake you can do, kids usually love it and it is perfect to eat with some tea or coffee. A few months ago I started to add chocolate to have a two colors cake, today is not the best outcome, but if you follow all the instructions you will have a great result.
240gr sugar (2 x container)
210gr flour (3x container)
14gr baking powder
130gr olive oil (1 x container)
40gr dark chocolate
1. Beat the eggs in a big bowl. Add the yogurt and sugar and mix. Add the flour with the baking powder and mix. Add the olive oil and mix. Stir well for a while.
2. Put most of the mix above into a mold lined with baking paper. Reserve a bit in the same bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate being careful not to burn it and mix with the reserved dough.
4. Pour into the mold as you see in the picture and cover (not mix!!), using a spoon, with the "white dough".
5. Put in the preheated oven 200ºC about 40 minutes. If your oven works with air you should cover the cake with foil for the first 30 minutes and put the oven at 180ºC instead of 200ºC. As I always say al oves are different so you should be taking a look, at least the first time you do a new recipe.
My problem with the chocolate this time was I decided to melt it with milk... bad idea, it was too liquid!! It has to be melted alone, or at most with a bit of butter, if not the chocolate will go to the bottom, as it happened to me!
I hope you try this recipe. If you find a 125gr (4.4oz) yogurt containers it's even easier, once you have added the yogurt just fill the container with the flour, sugar or oil the times I say in the ingredients (for example 2 containers of sugar). Bon profit!
Posted by Marta at 05:04